If you are needing a Centrelink Advance Payment, here is a simple explanation on how you can apply in three ways. Firstly you will need to see if you are eligible for a Centrelink advance payment. Once that is done and you have a valid reason, you can decide which is the easiest way to apply for you.

What is a Centrelink Advance Payment?

A Centrelink Advance Payment is a lump sum amount paid from part of your future payments.
• Any Advance Payment has to be repaid at some stage so be mindful you can actually do this.
• The Centrelink Advance Payment can be paid in 2 instalments should you wish.
• The payment to be advanced is limited by maximum and minimum amounts. The amount will depend on the type and rate you receive upon application. It will also depend on the types of current payments you are receiving from the Department of Human Services as well.

It is possible to apply for an advance payment from the Department of Human Services multiple times in a 12 month period. However the total amount of times will depend on a number of factors including the type of payment you are receiving. Over a 12 month period, customers who receive a pension can be paid several Advance Payments, while customers receiving Parenting Payment, Newstart Allowance, Farm Household Allowance, Youth Allowance, Austudy or ABSTUDY are limited to one Advance Payment.

How Much are Centrelink Advance Re-payments?

Again it will depend on a number of factors as to how much Centrelink is able to advance any payments to you. If you are successful in obtaining a cash advance the money will normally be paid through fortnightly deductions from your pension or allowance. The deductions will start from your first payment after you receive the Advance and will continue for a total of 13 fortnights (about 6 months). To work out how much your repayments will be you can simply divide the amount of your advance payment by thirteen.

How to Apply for a Centrelink Advance Payment?

There are three simple ways you can apply for a Centrelink Advance Payment. The first is online where you can make an application directly. Secondly you can print out the appropriate form and send it back via mail. Thirdly if you are unable to submit a form online or send it back via post, you can visit your nearest Human Services office and make an application in person. Good luck with your application for a Centrelink cash advance. After some more money saving tips or ways to increase your income? Read more on our Low Income Life blog where you are sure to get some new great tips.

Related Posts