Extra Work for Extra Income – the Complete Guide
One of the best ways to ensure you have money when you need it, is to take on some extra work.
The most popular form of extra work is getting a second job. A second job could be great to supplement your income from your full-time job, and may involve you doing some part time hours through the week, or on weekends.
The biggest benefits to a second job are that you are increasing your skill set much faster, as well as helping to grow your bank account.
One thing to watch out for with a second job is your tax. If you take on extra employment, you are generally taxed at a much higher tax bracket on your second job.
Here’s some other great ways to make extra money on the side:
- Sell any unwanted items: Clean out your home and hold a garage sale, or list your items on eBay or Gumtree;
- Rent your house: If you’re out of your home a lot, list your house for holiday rentals on AirBNB;
- Freelance: Join sites like oDesk, Freelancer or Elance and get paid to help people with tasks they need doing;
- Do odd jobs for people: Use your trade skill (eg carpenter, electrician, plumber) or help people around their home for cash (eg mow lawns, clean, wash cars);
- Rent out your car or your parking space;
- Rent out storage space in your garage;
- Fill out online surveys;
- Become a babysitter, or pet-sitter/dog walker;
- Tutor people and teach them your skills.
The options are endless, there’s plenty of ways to make money on the side.